Government regulation? Do we want it?

matthewk

I think something needs to be done. It is not fair to get paid so little for the time it takes on some of these surveys or to finish it or be half way through and get the ax. And I notice it is after they get the answers for free. When I first started doing surveys I had about 20. From what I read online it sounded great. But you know what they say if it sounds to good to be true it just might be. Well I am now down to about 6 that I consider pretty good. I really wish there were more. I really enjoy them because you never know what you are going to get. Also now that I am fixing to retire the extra money will come in handy. I keep hoping more of them will become like Pinecone. They are great all the way. I just wish I got more than 2 surveys a month from them. I do agree something needs to change even if government has to get involved.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• car9og

• ksedwar

• matthewk

• footfree

If and independant contractor decided to do a job for a company that makes billions of dollars a year they would be crazy to bid the job according the company bank account. That's not how it works. How much the survey companies make is totally irrelevant compared to what we decide we will or won't work for.

While I agree with your assessment on how to bid for a job if your a independent contractor I have some other areas I don't agree with.A independent contractor sets his pay then the company who hires him will either agree to that pay or find someone else.A independent contractor also can walk away from a job if he feels it isn't worth his time for the pay hence what us survey takers do.However even if this is the case independent contractors need to stick together and agree that we will not be taken advantage of and stick up for each others rights.I know that there will always be those few who come in and under bid and then in turn get all the work and turn around and do a lousy job.So I think companies should value those of us who are willing to do the work honestly and pay a decent wage.If us the contractors don't stick up for each other then who will?We all have rights and we should value are work or should I say the survey companies should.

Excellent response footfree :D