PineCone Lull?

schludermann

4 minutes ago, paulgro said:

All I know is what we get here which is now $3.00  worth of points. I never received $5.00 in all the years I've been with them is all I'm saying.

Maybe so but I am just saying people in Canada still get the $5.And how I know this is that greeneyedevils has stated this and he just so happens to live in Canada.I have been doing Pinecone surveys for over 10 years and yes they did pay the $5.I use to get it them.And yes now all I get is $3. like everyone else.I think we need to let this go I don't see what all the fuss is about.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pinecone is an interesting case. The router system is worse in terms of interface but better in terms of how often I qualify for and get paid for surveys. I can safely say that before the router system kicked in, excluding the monthly Amazon data app, I got anywhere from two to three surveys a month. Post-router, I qualify for anywhere from 3-5 surveys a week. My payouts have never been more frequent or sizable with Pinecone. Some things to note:

-It's a continual router system. Obnoxious though it may be, if you get the "didn't qualify" message, close out the tab and reopen the link. It will keep trying to route you to a new survey until you've exhausted all possibilities.

-The router surveys are on a 24-hour cooldown after you qualify for and complete one. So, if you get a new router link and it automatically disqualifies you, all that means is that the cooldown is still in effect. Try again later.

-The router will time out eventually if you afk for a few minutes. I would recommend keeping an eye on the router as you answer the screener questions until you get to the traditional Pinecone survey login page and proceed to log in. At that point, the router has paired you up with a survey and you're free to proceed as normal (even afk if you want).

The added time from the router is obnoxious, but Pinecone surveys are already very short for how much you get. Most you can finish in 5-7 minutes. What's another 2-4 mins (assuming you don't get disqualified or the router doesn't get stuck loading) of router hell? That's still $3 for at most 11 mins of your time.

Not sure why I'm even arguing in defense of this. People deciding to be fed up with Pinecone because they didn't test the new system enough could only mean more potential surveys for me. Then again, if people complain and Pinecone reverts to its less frequent but more user-friendly system, I wouldn't want that either.

13 hours ago, truesilver said:

Pinecone is an interesting case. The router system is worse in terms of interface but better in terms of how often I qualify for and get paid for surveys. I can safely say that before the router system kicked in, excluding the monthly Amazon data app, I got anywhere from two to three surveys a month. Post-router, I qualify for anywhere from 3-5 surveys a week. My payouts have never been more frequent or sizable with Pinecone. Some things to note:

My experience has been the exact opposite!! EVERY survey that I have been sent to through the router system for the past 3+ months has come back with "Not available in your area" after entering my ID & PW. Even trying the link over a day later has only resulted in the exact same set of pre-survey questions and the exact same survey (by number) that is not available in my area. I NEVER had that issue before the router. As you can see if you look to the left , I live in a decent size city in the US. So why are no surveys through Pinecone post-router available to "my area" when they were pre-router??????? Emails to Customer Service ("Karen Scott") inquiring about this and to have my account checked are rarely responded to and if they are , it is the same canned response that does not even remotely address the inquiry.

16 hours ago, episemion said:

Has anyone had any invites in the past 2 weeks from Pinecone? Not a single one here.

I've had 4. in the last week or so. One of them they sent a reminder after I completed it. I had to write them about it. I got credit for it the next day after writing.

I've actually completed 3 Pinecone surveys this past week...has been a good week with them...I'm in Canada & seem to have been getting more surveys this past month than ever before...got credited within 2 days also to my account..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, greeneyeddevils said:

I've actually completed 3 Pinecone surveys this past week...has been a good week with them...I'm in Canada & seem to have been getting more surveys this past month than ever before...got credited within 2 days also to my account..

I did get a response on Saturday to my inquiry about my account seeming to be inactive (no invites in 2 weeks). For once , it was not a canned one. Someone actually wrote it - including a couple instances of broken English (definitely NOT the Karen Scott of old!). However , they blame the ISP saying that they must be blocking them or that they are being sent to a "bulk folder". Neither is the case as their email , using the same email address as the invites , came through just fine. The invites have always come through up until a couple weeks ago.

The ISP is CompuServe which goes through AOL servers. Anyone else here successfully receiving invites that is using AOL?

I also received a reply to my inquiry that I couldn't do the survey because there was no next button after the second question  her reply did not help at all she told me to refresh and then restart the computer and still couldn't do it so maybe something was just wrong with the survey I did email her back to let her know because Pinecone can be funny about a survey on your dashboard and you don't do it I just hope the next survey I get Dosen't have that issue.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm ok with the new system. It may be slow and get dq'd some times, but not very often. I usually get 2-4 surveys a week from them and make about $20-25 a month off them which is more than I can say about ALL other panels nowadays.

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2017 at 12:34 AM, schludermann said:

it's been 4 months since I've even had a survey from. I contacted the moderator and eventually got a response "we have nothing for you". 

Pinecone was never a high yield survey but it was never a waste of time.  Is anyone in their mid 50's completing surveys from Pinecone?

Folks,

Well after 7 months of pestering Pinecone, they have replied with a reason for the Lull. It seems I'm no longer Pinecone material and they "deactivated" me.  However, I can still log in...