Lifepoints closed my account for no reason at all

greeneyeddevils

I was shocked this morning as I've been a member with LifePoints for a long time & was in the middle of doing some drink diary & as I went to access my account I received a message that my account was cancelled..shocked to say the least there was no reason given just it was "closed" & I had ordered a $10 gift card a week ago which had not come yet so I'm guessing I won't be getting that...Anyone else have an issue with LifePoints just closing your account & giving no reason as to why?

Green

2 hours ago, greeneyeddevils said:

I was shocked this morning as I've been a member with LifePoints for a long time & was in the middle of doing some drink diary & as I went to access my account I received a message that my account was cancelled..shocked to say the least there was no reason given just it was "closed" & I had ordered a $10 gift card a week ago which had not come yet so I'm guessing I won't be getting that...Anyone else have an issue with LifePoints just closing your account & giving no reason as to why?

Green

Join the club! There are loads of threads here about LifePoints doing this to SO MANY PEOPLE, myself included. I was a member for at least 15 years, maybe 18, I forget,  I saved up to cash out for $100 about a year ago. They kicked me out as soon as I tried to cash out,  refused to pay saying I violated some rules which they refused to disclose. After checking out the ratings here on Survey Police and posting a thread and reading older threads, I saw that LifePoints has done this over and over again to SO MANY PEOPLE and they continue to do so. As far as I am concerned, they are the scum of the earth.

I have learned my lesson to never cash out for such a large amount . I also know we have no legal recourse and Lifepoiints knows that to. So they continue to keep our money and laugh in our faces, knowing we really can't do anything about it except badmouth them on sites such as Survey Police.

So you are not alone and I am sorry this happened to you and LOADS of other people as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Sandy21 said:

Join the club! There are loads of threads here about LifePoints doing this to SO MANY PEOPLE, myself included. I was a member for at least 15 years, maybe 18, I forget,  I saved up to cash out for $100 about a year ago. They kicked me out as soon as I tried to cash out,  refused to pay saying I violated some rules which they refused to disclose. After checking out the ratings here on Survey Police and posting a thread and reading older threads, I saw that LifePoints has done this over and over again to SO MANY PEOPLE and they continue to do so. As far as I am concerned, they are the scum of the earth.

I have learned my lesson to never cash out for such a large amount . I also know we have no legal recourse and Lifepoiints knows that to. So they continue to keep our money and laugh in our faces, knowing we really can't do anything about it except badmouth them on sites such as Survey Police.

So you are not alone and I am sorry this happened to you and LOADS of other people as well.

I could understand if I did something so wrong but when they kick you out for no reason & give no answers as to why that's just crappy...thankfully they only owed me a $10 Amazon cert so I'm not going to go & fight for it..& I agree I no longer save up any rewards with any company as soon as I hit a threshold I cash out right away..

• Like 3

After taking a close look and performing an audit of your account, we have found evidence that you have violated the LifePoints Terms and Conditions, which has resulted in your membership being deactivated and the LifePoints (LPs) you collected have been forfeited.

What an "canned response" it's just a way to get rid of members & not have to pay out any rewards..I didn't violate anything other than taking part in some of the most pointless surveys on their site that seem to repeat over & over again...Anyone who's thinking of joining this survey company don't..as you can see they can do this do long term members for no given reason at all since they can't prove whatever they say I "violated"...anyone with alot of reward points I suggest cashing out now before you become the next "violation" of LifePoints

• Like 4

On 6/14/2023 at 5:11 PM, greeneyeddevils said:

I could understand if I did something so wrong but when they kick you out for no reason & give no answers as to why that's just crappy...thankfully they only owed me a $10 Amazon cert so I'm not going to go & fight for it..& I agree I no longer save up any rewards with any company as soon as I hit a threshold I cash out right away..

Shocked today when I checked my email account that they actually sent me the $10 gift card that I redeemed over 2 weeks ago before they closed my account...was shocked to get it & it actually had money on it..lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, greeneyeddevils said:

Shocked today when I checked my email account that they actually sent me the $10 gift card that I redeemed over 2 weeks ago before they closed my account...was shocked to get it & it actually had money on it..lol

You are so lucky!  With the enormous number of people that horrible LifePoints did this abominable thing to (closed their account for FOR NO REASON when they went for a payout) you are the first and only person that I have hard of that actually got their payment! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sandy21 said:

You are so lucky!  With the enormous number of people that horrible LifePoints did this abominable thing to (closed their account for FOR NO REASON when they went for a payout) you are the first and only person that I have hard of that actually got their payment! 

Do you think because it was a gift card and not cash that it went through?  For example with the gift card, it may have been too late stop it from being sent.  Just a guess

20 hours ago, Mommabear said:

Do you think because it was a gift card and not cash that it went through?  For example with the gift card, it may have been too late stop it from being sent.  Just a guess

That could be the reason...I wasn't expecting to receive it at all & yesterday I got the 2..the were for $5 each since the usual $10 Amazon was out of stock when I ordered..The company is so shady I can't believe it even came..I was thinking when I went to redeem it was going to give me an error code...Just pisses me off since LifePoints never bothered responding to me when I asked to see some proof as to why I was kicked out but who cares I can earn more rewards why faster at other companies & the ones I deal with do instant gift cards & not have to wait 10+ days to get your card once you redeem

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mommabear said:

I doubt very much that is why. I always cashed out for Amazon GC and I never got the 4 $25 GC.  Just pure luck. Consider yourself lucky, greeneyeddevils!

• Like 2

I love that I posted a 1* review on here & LifePoints responded with a "canned response" to multiple people who've complained about their company...No wonder so many people are fed up with this company when they give those types of responses to your review..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, greeneyeddevils said:

I love that I posted a 1* review on here & LifePoints responded with a "canned response" to multiple people who've complained about their company...No wonder so many people are fed up with this company when they give those types of responses to your review..

WISH we could post a NO STAR review. This pathetic site would surely qualify!

You are lucky you got any response, canned or otherwise. .They totally ignored my irate review.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My neighbor, the one who referred me to LifePoints years and years ago, just had the same thing happen to her. She went to cash out and got dumped with the same canned response, no explanation given.

Guess nobody is immune to their totally  dishonest chicanery! 

• Like 2

I was booted too a couple months ago.  What caught my attention was after I contacted them for a reason why my account was being cancelled and given no reason, their closing auto signoff was *Have a Great Day!!*  

• Like 1