Lifepoints closed my account for no reason at all

greeneyeddevils

For those that have had their accounts closed , what message did you receive?

Logged in just fine Sunday morning , but when I tried Sunday night , my email and PW were rejected. When a reset was tried , it came back with a message stating "blocked for security reasons - try again in 72 hours". Left a message to support.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, episemion said:

For those that have had their accounts closed , what message did you receive?

Logged in just fine Sunday morning , but when I tried Sunday night , my email and PW were rejected. When a reset was tried , it came back with a message stating "blocked for security reasons - try again in 72 hours". Left a message to support.

The exact same thing happened to me a few moments ago. I got the exact same "temporarily blocked for 72 hours" message when I tried to reset my password after trying and failing to login 3 times. Maybe they got hacked and everyone's login credentials were changed, or this is another attempt by them to ban members without having to give a proper justification. I sent them a support ticket, then got an email saying that they had a large amount of support requests and that it would take a while before they could contact me again...

58 minutes ago, Oshawott said:

The exact same thing happened to me a few moments ago. I got the exact same "temporarily blocked for 72 hours" message when I tried to reset my password after trying and failing to login 3 times. Maybe they got hacked and everyone's login credentials were changed, or this is another attempt by them to ban members without having to give a proper justification. I sent them a support ticket, then got an email saying that they had a large amount of support requests and that it would take a while before they could contact me again...

I also got the same email when I filed the ticket. Seems odd that both of us got the same login issue at essentially the same time. makes me suspect that something happened at the site.

Received an email response this morning. They are working on the issue and have not found out what happened. Based on the most recent post on their Facebook page , it looks like many were affected all at the same time.

1 minute ago, NevadaJones said:

Also can't log in. Get the invalid email/password message. Luckily I just cashed out and received payment a few days ago.

Same here - still cannot log in. Appears to be across the board. Was just shy of cashing out for $25 Amazon.

Hoping they locate the issue and get it fixed soon.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

i just got the same message, due to security reasons you can't log in for 72 hours.  keep getting password errors.

i was just about to cash out too.  hope this is just a system problem.

This was the response that I got from them this morning:

As much as we'd like to help, our team is still troubleshooting the situation that's causing you to be unable to access LifePoints. We are working hard to resolve the glitches quickly. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

I haven't tried logging in since getting that message because from the look of things the problem hasn't been resolved yet. I hope it's just an issue with their login system and that all the accounts are still intact including all our points, because I had like $40 in points saved up and I'll be super ticked off if they disappear.

• 1 month later...

I too have had my account cancelled.  This is the second time.  I had been a regular LifePoints member before they changed their name to LifePoints for about 18 years and regularly redeemed points.  The first time they cancelled my account it took me over a year and continually chasing them to reactivate my account and re-credit my points. Close to $100 worth.  A couple of months ago they have again cancelled my account and owe me around $80.  I have contacted them continuously.  First I was told to make a new account and they would transfer the points however, they have done something to my account because when I try to register again I get a message saying I don't meet their criteria.  Every other email I get just pumps out the same message saying that I don't meet their criteria and they do not address the issue of paying out my points.  Once upon a time I would have recommended this site to other people but now I am extremely disappointed.  They do not value long time committed members and spend your points on themselves.  Be very wary of signing up if you are wondering whether to go ahead and register.  You do not receive any warning or payout at all.

• Like 1