Lifepoints closed my account for no reason at all

greeneyeddevils

LifePoints cut me off for no reason at least six months ago.  Today out of the blue I got an email for their monthly Telco survey - I took those stupid Telco surveys for years until LifePoints cancelled me, and today's email is the first I have received since then.  So I tried logging into the LifePoints site, again for the first time since they cancelled me, and I was able to log in and I have surveys available to take, as well as 255 LifePoints.  WTH??  I'm going to try taking a few of the surveys and see what happens; I figure I have nothing to lose but a bit of my time.  Has this happened to anyone else?

1 hour ago, AZMom said:

LifePoints cut me off for no reason at least six months ago.  Today out of the blue I got an email for their monthly Telco survey - I took those stupid Telco surveys for years until LifePoints cancelled me, and today's email is the first I have received since then.  So I tried logging into the LifePoints site, again for the first time since they cancelled me, and I was able to log in and I have surveys available to take, as well as 255 LifePoints.  WTH??  I'm going to try taking a few of the surveys and see what happens; I figure I have nothing to lose but a bit of my time.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Responding to my own post ...

When I refreshed my screen, it showed I had 1,007 LifePoints.  I took a 150 pt survey and it added the points, and I just cashed out for a $10 Amazon gift card.  We'll see if I actually get it.  

• Like 2

On 7/18/2023 at 12:55 PM, greeneyeddevils said:

I was doing a beverage diary when the cancelled my account for no reason...I never found out what the reason for the closed account was..though I was finishing surveys with them on a regular basis & cashing out $10 here & there monthly I guess it was too much for them..lol

I'm wondering if those beverage diaries have anything to do with their mass bans. The last couple I have done have had flaws. I'll fill in my beverages for the previous day, but it won't get recorded as having been completed for that day, so I'll have to do it again the following day.

I wind up filling out my beverages for each day twice - but i may have input different info the second time around. And sometimes the diary suddenly declares complete for the day, even though I am only halfway done.

4 hours ago, dimefynder said:

I'm wondering if those beverage diaries have anything to do with their mass bans. The last couple I have done have had flaws. I'll fill in my beverages for the previous day, but it won't get recorded as having been completed for that day, so I'll have to do it again the following day.

I wind up filling out my beverages for each day twice - but i may have input different info the second time around. And sometimes the diary suddenly declares complete for the day, even though I am only halfway done.

The Beverage Diaries (Nifeld) , the ones with the days displayed across the top in varying colors , allow you to add beverages to a single day for 2 days after the initial day. They change colors accordingly. While they may look like the entries from the initial day did not take as they are still active , the entries did get saved. Re-entering data the next day likely confused things.

• Like 1

ACCESS DENIED
  • Your membership was canceled. Please contact us if you have any questions.

Any questions??? LMAO...yeah why don't you pay out your members rewards that they've earned instead of stealing their rewards & closing their accounts for no reason at all...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dimefynder said:

Those diaries were always glitchy...one day they'd work next day would keep crashing...& sometimes when you'd finish them your points at the end wouldn't even go into you account...they'd try & scam you from doing the 2 week diary..My biggest beef was the time it took to get your gift card especially if it was an E-Cert...from 10-14 is just stupid in my opinion..the sites I'm on now as soon as you click for your E Cert it gets sent instantly to your email inbox..that's the way a legit company in my opinion works

• Like 2

Just reporting back ... I received my $10 Amazon gift card yesterday.  My account that they cancelled 6 months ago seems to be active again.  I wish I had an explanation other than maybe they missed me (lol).  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I still have a LifePoints account, and I just did a MyTelco survey that I got 100 points for, but I tried to do another survey, and the survey would not come up.  It was a survey from insiteexpress.com

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NFriday said:

I still have a LifePoints account, and I just did a MyTelco survey that I got 100 points for, but I tried to do another survey, and the survey would not come up.  It was a survey from insiteexpress.com

I Only received 50 points for the My Telco survey

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NFriday said:

I had the Telco one and have always gotten 50 points. Never more.

Have also had surveys that failed to work. The issue has always been a programming error from the originating survey company.

49 minutes ago, NFriday said:

They asked me if I wanted to answer some additional questions, and I got another 50 points, I think.

I have also done the additional questions , but still only got 50 points.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

This has just happened to me! I've been a member for a year or so and last month I had enough points for £50 paypal. I had to change my LifePoints email to match my paypal as I hadn't updated it since I got a new one.

Changed email and I tried to do the paypal transfer but it said it could take some time to change. I waited 3 days and then it finally allowed me to do the paypal transfer. I then had an email saying it was successful and that it could take 10 working days. Then I had another email to say the payment has been done and funds should be in paypal. I looked and £50 was there.

I then had another email the same day saying there was an error with the payment and it was unsuccessful?! I thought nothing of it as it was in my paypal and I had transferred it to my bank via instant payment and it was all fine. 

A few days later I go on the LifePoints app only to find I have been logged out. So I try log in and it comes up with an error saying my account has been closed! 

I emailed asking why etc and I got the same email saying they had evidence that I have violated their terms and conditions?! I replied asking what evidence they have and that I have looked at the T&Cs and I've done nothing wrong! They replied this morning saying they can't disclose how they find the evidence or what the evidence is that the terms have been violated but that I definitely have violated and my accout is closed

Screw LifePoints that have kept my 1000 I still had in there!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, KarlaB22 said:

This has just happened to me! I've been a member for a year or so and last month I had enough points for £50 paypal. I had to change my LifePoints email to match my paypal as I hadn't updated it since I got a new one.

Changed email and I tried to do the paypal transfer but it said it could take some time to change. I waited 3 days and then it finally allowed me to do the paypal transfer. I then had an email saying it was successful and that it could take 10 working days. Then I had another email to say the payment has been done and funds should be in paypal. I looked and £50 was there.

I then had another email the same day saying there was an error with the payment and it was unsuccessful?! I thought nothing of it as it was in my paypal and I had transferred it to my bank via instant payment and it was all fine. 

A few days later I go on the LifePoints app only to find I have been logged out. So I try log in and it comes up with an error saying my account has been closed! 

I emailed asking why etc and I got the same email saying they had evidence that I have violated their terms and conditions?! I replied asking what evidence they have and that I have looked at the T&Cs and I've done nothing wrong! They replied this morning saying they can't disclose how they find the evidence or what the evidence is that the terms have been violated but that I definitely have violated and my accout is closed

Screw LifePoints that have kept my 1000 I still had in there!

LifePoints strikes again. Wonder if there will ever be laws against such despicable antics!!

The fact that they keep closing accounts and refuse to clarify exactly what part of their terms & conditions people have supposedly violated is incredibly suspicious.

Also from what I can tell they're still getting good reviews on Trustpilot, but I suspect that they might just be reporting negative reviews in order to get them removed. That's what RewardingWays used to do in order to avoid their rating from falling whenever disgruntled members gave them bad reviews.