Lifepoints closed my account for no reason at all

greeneyeddevils

14 hours ago, amp0813 said:

I was booted too a couple months ago.  What caught my attention was after I contacted them for a reason why my account was being cancelled and given no reason, their closing auto signoff was *Have a Great Day!!*  

Of course we will ALL have a great day after these lowlifes continually steal our hard-earned money and get away with it day after day, year after year!

I needed that laugh today! THANK YOU (but LifePoints still continues to be A #1 on my  survey HATE list)

• Like 2

I too recently got locked out. In my case they are saying my membership is temporarily unavailable. I sent an email asking why, and haven't heard anything. It's too bad they are doing this to so may people (or anyone at all).

As far as cashing out with more than the minimum, there is no shame in trying to get it as soon as it is available. And in some cases, you are made to wait several days, weeks and even months. The worst thing that can happen is that they change their policies.  They were the ones who set the minimum, and if it costs them to process so many smaller orders, they can or will raise it. I had a couple of survey sites announce a rise in minimums, which seemed fair, but I can still often cash out at the lower amounts for some reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dimefynder said:

I too recently got locked out. In my case they are saying my membership is temporarily unavailable. I sent an email asking why, and haven't heard anything. It's too bad they are doing this to so may people (or anyone at all).

As far as cashing out with more than the minimum, there is no shame in trying to get it as soon as it is available. And in some cases, you are made to wait several days, weeks and even months. The worst thing that can happen is that they change their policies.  They were the ones who set the minimum, and if it costs them to process so many smaller orders, they can or will raise it. I had a couple of survey sites announce a rise in minimums, which seemed fair, but I can still often cash out at the lower amounts for some reason.

That is a new one for me, membership is temporarily unavailable. Hope you get reinstated.

• Like 1

Have had a couple of balance adjustments recently there. Inquired and got a polite response stating that their audit detected an inconsistency in responses (most likely a poorly written survey) , thus the points were deducted. Will be watching to see if that affects my account.

I cashed out about 10 days ago and have not heard yet. It is for a $10.00 Starbucks GC I get for my all  granddaughter's birthday gifts. I have always gotten in the past with no problem.

6 hours ago, episemion said:

Have had a couple of balance adjustments recently there. Inquired and got a polite response stating that their audit detected an inconsistency in responses (most likely a poorly written survey) , thus the points were deducted. Will be watching to see if that affects my account.

Hope they don't use that idiocy to CLOSE your account! Good Luck

5 hours ago, mnleona said:

I cashed out about 10 days ago and have not heard yet. It is for a $10.00 Starbucks GC I get for my all  granddaughter's birthday gifts. I have always gotten in the past with no problem.

I know I am bitter because they kept so much of my hard-earned money and dumped me (and SO MANY others) for no reason whatsoever after close to 20 years with them. As long as it keeps working for you, go for it. But be aware that they have this awful reputation, well-earned, of dumping people for no reason and getting away with it. Hope you get your GC.

4 hours ago, Sandy21 said:

Hope they don't use that idiocy to CLOSE your account! Good Luck

Doesn't look that way. Just got a survey and a diary.

• Like 1

LifePoints lost or cancelled my membership years ago and I had lots of point so I worked hard to set up a new account and get them to transfer my credits. NOW today I cannot redeem my rewards because there's an error: Failed to authenticate with external service.  I don't even know what that means but this might be the last time I use LifePoints.

18 hours ago, episemion said:

Doesn't look that way. Just got a survey and a diary.

I was doing a beverage diary when the cancelled my account for no reason...I never found out what the reason for the closed account was..though I was finishing surveys with them on a regular basis & cashing out $10 here & there monthly I guess it was too much for them..lol

I was locked out a few days ago for no reason given.  After I asked why this had occurred, i was told, "The information provided during the registration process did not pass some security checks we perform."  I followed that up with a few more questions about what specifically about the information I provided was deemed unpassable and why?  I had not provided any PII to Life Points during registration that I had not provided to other panel sites.  The reply I received back was as follows: "Your enquiry was escalated for further review. We've determined that the User Agreement violation occurred and the membership(s) will remain closed. The information provided during the registration process did not pass some security checks we perform against 3rd party data."

They refused to divulge who or what the third party data was. anyone have an idea?

2 hours ago, scooterb2015 said:

I was locked out a few days ago for no reason given.  After I asked why this had occurred, i was told, "The information provided during the registration process did not pass some security checks we perform."  I followed that up with a few more questions about what specifically about the information I provided was deemed unpassable and why?  I had not provided any PII to Life Points during registration that I had not provided to other panel sites.  The reply I received back was as follows: "Your enquiry was escalated for further review. We've determined that the User Agreement violation occurred and the membership(s) will remain closed. The information provided during the registration process did not pass some security checks we perform against 3rd party data."

They refused to divulge who or what the third party data was. anyone have an idea?

They will never tell you a thing as they never give anyone reasons for anything. You didn't say or so anything wrong. Just be glad you didn't lose a crapload of money with them and then they booted you. 

Update -

After being told I was temporarily suspended, they responded by telling me I am permanently banned, and my points have been forfeited. Like some of you, I was told that their system flagged my survey-taking as being against their rules. And they specifically accused me of being among a number of panelists who fill out surveys on Life Points as often as possible using false information in an effort to accumulate a large amount of points.

They're full of beans. I had been with them for years, and always played by the rules. Of course, they still did not provide any specific examples of my fraudulent activity that I requested.

9 hours ago, dimefynder said:

Update -

After being told I was temporarily suspended, they responded by telling me I am permanently banned, and my points have been forfeited. Like some of you, I was told that their system flagged my survey-taking as being against their rules. And they specifically accused me of being among a number of panelists who fill out surveys on Life Points as often as possible using false information in an effort to accumulate a large amount of points.

They're full of beans. I had been with them for years, and always played by the rules. Of course, they still did not provide any specific examples of my fraudulent activity that I requested.

I am sorry this happened to you too. LifePoints is one reprehensible company. I am sorry you are now part of the ever-growing club of kicked out long-time members who have done nothing wrong but are given the boot. Of course nobody is ever told why LifePoints steals our money and they continue to get away with this and will until there are laws. Sad that there probably will never be laws to protect us from crooks like LifePoints.

• Like 1

Don't expect their customer service reps to give you more than the usual vague, copy-pasted reply if you contact them about your account being closed. The only way that they seem to actually take complaints seriously is if you threaten litigation; that's the only thing that seems to get their attention.

Overall, they're infamous for closing accounts without giving proper justification other than the tired "violation of terms and conditions" excuse, which could mean anything.

• Like 1