GTM about to make some kind of change

avemaria

yeah i just got the email testerday too. i wonder if the check cashout for $50 is still going to be 1000 points or are they going to have a higher figure for that now. im glad i just cashed out before they're implementing it here. im doing less and less surveys across the board for all panels now than i did just a year or so ago. its getting to the point i just dont care for doing them anymore. its not worth my time and the hassle. really a crying shame. :(

Sometimes I get burnt out but I think it's more then that it's the part about being disrespected that gets me.I mean you don't have to give me $20 for a 10 minute survey but don't insult me by offering me .10 cent for it either.Or like mysurvey offered to give me 150 points for a 30 minute survey.That works out to less then $1.50 for about 20 minutes.Sorry not going to happen and I'm afraid that's what GTM will be offering soon.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• avemaria

• footfree

• ksedwar

• SeriousSurveyer

I sent them an e-mail (not that they care) and told them that I find it reprehensible that they are retroactively reducing the points by 10% ($50 was 1,000, now is 1,100). Thank God I cashed out as soon as I heard about this crapola. The same sh--t as Valued Opinions. Oh, well, I was getting sick of doing these damn things anyway; they have just made it easier for me to drop the whole kit and kaboodle. Too many of them using just Amazon, and I have little use for that junk. I may just keep Pine Cone and a few others who pay cash and haven't yet screwed with me.

This is what I was able to redeem so far, as I didn't want to wait for 1213pts to redeem $50 total. As I mentioned earlier a $50 cheque to be mailed to you costs 1100pts and for PayPal I only have the option for 10, 15, 20 and 100. The person who mentioned this looks similar to mysurvey is correct, it redirects you to PerkPlus.

I guess I should have opted for the cheque as the exchange rate is really good right now as it mentions it will be converted.

"The USD amount, $50.00, will be subject to the exchange rate and converted to your local currency on the date the check is processed.

Please allow 6-8 weeks for this check to be delivered by post."

Pts/dollars (PayPal)

485/20

364/15

243/10

______

1092 ($45)

So this will be for us who live in the states

A: Historically, 1,000 MarketPoints was equivalent to $USD 50.00. With the new program, each reward has a unique value so the equivalence will vary based on the reward. Also depending on the reward, there is slight change in the value of MarketPoints to include delivery and management fees, but we trust that the added value brought by the new program will compensate for these minor adjustments

But they don't actually state the amount here's the statement I love is the last sentence - Dont you love it when they put a spin on something to make it sound like it's of benefit to you?

Q: How long does it take for my rewards to be delivered to me?

A: The great news with the new GlobalTestMarket rewards catalogue is that delivery times are much faster! This depends on your choice of rewards of course, but rewards like Paypal or electronic vouchers are typically delivered within hours, sometimes minutes! Products like cheques or paper vouchers take a bit more time, within 2 weeks or so.

So Paypal will be in hours?Not at mysurvey it can take up to 10 days.So while I wont hold my breath on that one I will wait and see what happens.So would it be okay for you to forfeit 100 points if you were to receive them like they said?Guess we will have to wait to the 11th of June to find out.

so if i keep the 'not so added value' option of getting a paper check.. i'm assuming there won't be any admin charges as usual?

Ok I wanted to reply to many people on here with questions (I only read the last page on this). I used to be a member of GTM. However, I hated waiting for such a high redemption ($50) and on top of that, wait for the check to come in the mail! :?

My questions are (if known yet):

-If you can use paypal, whats the lowest redemption? Also, how fast does it take for it to show up in your paypal account?

-Do they have amazon reward gift cards?

Also I think footfree said something like they give low money surveys-like .10 cents! Is this true? :|

Ok I wanted to reply to many people on here with questions (I only read the last page on this). I used to be a member of GTM. However, I hated waiting for such a high redemption ($50) and on top of that, wait for the check to come in the mail! :?

My questions are (if known yet):

-If you can use paypal, whats the lowest redemption? Also, how fast does it take for it to show up in your paypal account?

-Do they have amazon reward gift cards?

Also I think footfree said something like they give low money surveys-like .10 cents! Is this true? :|

Answers to your questions

New reward system will be up on the 11th of June so any reference to what the pay is will be purely speculation until we see it.

Yes it said they would have Amazon and other GC's

I never said they had low money surveys-I said mysurvey has low paying surveys and since GTM is owned by them they may start paying the same wage

But like I said before it's only speculation until the new reward system is up and running.

i'm sitting at 1000 points right now and i'm not sure if i should cash out or wait.. i hate to wait and find it's going to cost me $5 to get a check now.

I'm at 780............. :? And can't get a survey to save my life.................... :roll:

That seems to happen to me about half way to 1000 every time. Suddenly though I get back on a roll.

yeah i just got the email testerday too. i wonder if the check cashout for $50 is still going to be 1000 points or are they going to have a higher figure for that now. im glad i just cashed out before they're implementing it here. im doing less and less surveys across the board for all panels now than i did just a year or so ago. its getting to the point i just dont care for doing them anymore. its not worth my time and the hassle. really a crying shame. :(

Sometimes I get burnt out but I think it's more then that it's the part about being disrespected that gets me.I mean you don't have to give me $20 for a 10 minute survey but don't insult me by offering me .10 cent for it either.Or like mysurvey offered to give me 150 points for a 30 minute survey.That works out to less then $1.50 for about 20 minutes.Sorry not going to happen and I'm afraid that's what GTM will be offering soon.

i couldnt have putit any better my friend.

I sent them an e-mail (not that they care) and told them that I find it reprehensible that they are retroactively reducing the points by 10% ($50 was 1,000, now is 1,100). Thank God I cashed out as soon as I heard about this crapola. The same sh--t as Valued Opinions. Oh, well, I was getting sick of doing these damn things anyway; they have just made it easier for me to drop the whole kit and kaboodle. Too many of them using just Amazon, and I have little use for that junk. I may just keep Pine Cone and a few others who pay cash and haven't yet screwed with me.

i reckon its a personal choice about liking or not liking amazon gift cards but im really pretty happy with them. in the last 2 years ive accumulated several thousand $ in gift cards. its bought me a sony bluray-3d player, a 46"vizio 3d internet enabled tv and a nice and powerful acer computer. all in just the past year and a half.plus alot more stuff we use around the house. its been a blessing for us. but i understand where youre coming from though. plain cash does help pay some of the bills. and youre right too, about the crap we all are having to put up with. its getting worse and worse. :(

I'm at 780............. :? And can't get a survey to save my life.................... :roll:

That seems to happen to me about half way to 1000 every time. Suddenly though I get back on a roll.

yeah me also.

i'm sitting at 1000 points right now and i'm not sure if i should cash out or wait.. i hate to wait and find it's going to cost me $5 to get a check now.

I'd cash out on June 10th if I were you.