GTM about to make some kind of change

avemaria

i'm sitting at 1000 points right now and i'm not sure if i should cash out or wait.. i hate to wait and find it's going to cost me $5 to get a check now.

Persoanlly I would cash out.I think the value of the amount is going down.They said in their email that and here what was stated

With the new program, each reward has a unique value so the equivalence will vary based on the reward. Also depending on the reward, there is slight change in the value of MarketPoints to include delivery and management fees,

so to me that means it will be worth less.I wouldn't wait if I were you I'd cash out today just to be on the safe side.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• avemaria

• footfree

• ksedwar

• SeriousSurveyer

I received an e-mail from GLOBAL TEST MARKET the other day saying they're

updating their rewards program. Starting on June 11 we're going to be able to

trade in our points for various gift cards instead of having to wait a month to

see the checks. Probably going to be a good move as long as the cash-ins are

similar to my other survey sites!!!! CHECK OUT THEIR WEBSITE ON JUNE 11!!!!!

GTM has gone so downhill for me. I've dropped them. Too many disqualifications, not giving the points to the surveys (or even length), poor customer service, etc. When I've not gotten credit from them after completing something, I usually get a canned e-mail that says I didn't qualify for the survey even though I completed it (after I spent an hour almost on one for 80 points that did this was when I gave up on them). OO at least credits you most of the time if you e-mail them should you have had an issue getting credit for your completed surveys.

I hope they don't deduct anything from my check for their processing fee. Because I will be done with them post haste. That is a shame because I have cashed out twice with them since the beginning of the year.

there's going to be a firestorm on their FB page because of these charges.. just like the Valued Opinions site. They should have just kept their mouths shut and extorted the money over the course of the 15 or so surveys it takes to cash out.. instead they came out and said they were going to charge fees. Being honest about something that isn't right.. doesn't make it 'right'. I don't mind paying a couple bucks to cash out with paypal.. but this one time charge from paypal should be the same everywhere.. $2. It shouldn't be a higher amount because my cash out amount is $50 instead of $20. If that's the case then these 'admin fees' really are just BS way to make more money by them. However when you get into how criminal Paypal is in extorting money the more you send, i'm sure the higher you cash out the larger the charge really is.. so it's not GTM or VO.. but Paypal that is being unfair. But believe me i'll be well aware of that last survey i'm working for free on.. and the results will reflect my disgust.

There will be a charge but we have no idea how much.So until then I will try to keep calm and not speculate on what will happen.I guess all I'm trying to say is wait until we will see what happens then on the 11th of this month we can rip then a new one.Just don't read into things until it happens.Or at least that's the way I will approach it.You should know by now I don't like the bs these survey companies spew at us but I'm not going to get all wound up until I have to.

I was thinking about closing out my Paypal account, but in the case of Pinecone, they originally did checks and then went online with payments and that was the only thing they had online. I will wait and see, I do not want to be paying fees here and there. I am doing more amazon right now anyway, and since I place an order about twice a week with them, I will continue to do that when I can.

Well it is just about 2:00am CST and as of now there isn't any change to the redeeming your points yet................. :roll:

And I'm still at 760 points going on over a week. All I'm getting are the sweeps surveys.................. :x

It's up now and it's just as we expected (plus some overpriced merchandise a la Pinecone)...

1100 points for a check. $10 Amazon is worth 220 points -- what would've been $11 in points before. $10 PayPal is worth 230 points -- what would've been $11.50 in points before.

The equivalencies are the same (or worse) for the higher amounts. So they've effectively reduced the value per point from $0.05 to ~$0.04.

:/

Not only that but you can't cash out for anything untill you have 1000 points. I have 830 points and I just tried to cash-out for $25.00 amazon which os 550 points and it says

"Sorry, your cart total does not meet the minimum points to redeem. The minimum number of MarketPoints needed to redeem is 1,000".......... :evil:

If it was like VO where you had to wait for the points to go into my account and take forever to go from pending to paid I would quit.But I guess it's a sign of the times I will wait for a check because I refuse to take that much of a pay cut to get Paypal.I mean 230 X 4 equals 920 and or $40 but for 180 more points you get a 50 dollars.Guess it depends on how fast you want your money.I know we are all going to get upset but I'm not really sure what we can do about it.DO YOU THINK THEY CARE?Sorry about caps-anyway when have our complaints ever changed the way a survey company has done business?

just putting this for record

Paypal

$10- 230 points (200 normal/ equals $1.50 charge)

$15- 345 points (300 normal/ equals $2.25 charge)

$20- 460 points (400 normal/ equals $3.00 charge)

$100- 2300 points (2000 normal/ equals $15 charge)

so basically a $50 cash out with Paypal is getting a $7.50 charge, which makes Valued Opinions look good

at most Paypal would be 3% on the transaction, meaning $100 transferred should only cost $3..

they're charging us 15 percent here!

Amazon

$10- 220 points (200 normal/ equals $1.00 charge)

$15- 330 points (300 normal/ equals $1.50 charge)

$25- 550 points (500 normal/ equals $2.50 charge)

so the $50 cash out with Amazon would equal a $5 charge

As I predicted, they are using perks plus, just like My Survey, except that they increased the cash out surcharge to 15% as the previous poster noted instead of 10% like My Survey. Good thing I cashed out for a check before this change. I will still stick with GTM, even though this change is not in our favor. It's still my top earner for all the panels I belong to. I just wish LIghtspeed had not harmonized the payout system after they bought GTM. Oh well.