GTM about to make some kind of change

avemaria

I'm from Canada and just tried to cash out. This is a little disappointing that they increased the check amount and also made it difficult to get $50 from PayPal now as you see below. Also, I currently have 1000pts it appears you have to redeem a minimum of 1000pts in paypal, giftcard, electronic. You can't just redeem 2 $20 paypals and you also cannot redeem more pts than you currently have.

$50 Bank Check

1100 MarketPoints

$20 PayPal

485 MarketPoints

$100 PayPal

2323 MarketPoint

Must be nice -I went to the site and clicked on rewards and was told I didn't have enough in my account to cash out.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• avemaria

• footfree

• ksedwar

• SeriousSurveyer

Well as I mentioned you need to actually add a total of 1000pts to your cart, so its pretty hard to get exactly 1000 unless you go over a bit. You're in the same case as me, sounds like we really need 1100+ pts to redeem 3 paypal cards.

Well as I mentioned you need to actually add a total of 1000pts to your cart, so its pretty hard to get exactly 1000 unless you go over a bit. You're in the same case as me, sounds like we really need 1100+ pts to redeem 3 paypal cards.

ive never seen a redemption choice for payment on GTM except for only a check option. no paypal or anything else. it must be different in Canada. i keep checking the site hoping theyll have that option, but not yet.

ive never seen a redemption choice for payment on GTM except for only a check option. no paypal or anything else. it must be different in Canada. i keep checking the site hoping theyll have that option, but not yet.

I believe it was certain countries in Europe that got the PayPal option a few months back. Everyone else was told by GTM that they would keep trying for PayPal in other countries but I have not seen any new news about it.

And I just got this email.

Hi *****,

Beginning Jun 11, you will be able to redeem and choose from a wide range of rewards at GlobalTestMarket.

You will be able to exchange your MarketPoints for Paypal Credit, Amazon and Starbucks vouchers, giftcards of well-known brands such as Macy’s, Applebees, CVS Pharmacy and much more… And you will be able to support a good cause by donating your points to Unicef, Red Cross and a few other charitable organizations!

Paypal, Amazon, Starbucks, Macy’s, Applebees, CVS Pharmacy, Unicef, Red Cross

We realize you may have a few questions about this exciting enhacement so please take the time to review the questions and answers at the end of this email. They will help you get ready for this new GlobalTestMarket development coming soon!

Cheers,

The GlobalTestMarket Team

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: What are the key benefits of the new GlobalTestMarket Rewards catalogue?

A: The new GlobalTestMarket Rewards catalog provides members the ability to redeem their MarketPoints for a large variety of rewards: electronic vouchers including Amazon, paper vouchers but also Paypal, some physical products, charities etc. Checks are also an option in the new catalog. Try the new catalog yourself, it is easy to navigate and similar to well-known webshops. On top of that the delivery is much faster than before!

Q: I used to redeem my MarketPoints for cheques. What can I do now with my MarketPoints?

A: You can still redeem your MarketPoints for check. However, feel free to check out the new rewards now available through your GlobalTestMarket catalog: electronic vouchers, paper vouchers, Paypal, charities, but also dozens of physical gifts! All these rewards are of course available in USD and localized for our US community.

Q: If I have a question or a problem with my rewards delivery, who should I contact?

A: On the new GlobalTestMarket catalogue interface, you will find a FAQs/Customer Service tab. In case you have any questions about rewards delivery, go to your rewards account, select your order and contact the support team through the GlobalTestMarket rewards catalogue interface. Very simple! Please note that you can track and trace the status of your order through the interface too!

Q: If I have a question or a problem with my cheque received before the new reward program was introduced who should I contact?

A: Click Contact Us on the GlobalTestMarket website, complete the form and we'll be happy to help!

Q: Do I earn the same number of MarketPoints for my surveys?

A: Absolutely! The number of MarketPoints earned for survey participation stays the same.

Q: Does the value of my MarketPoints change?

A: Historically, 1,000 MarketPoints was equivalent to $USD 50.00. With the new program, each reward has a unique value so the equivalence will vary based on the reward. Also depending on the reward, there is slight change in the value of MarketPoints to include delivery and management fees, but we trust that the added value brought by the new program will compensate for these minor adjustments.

Q: How long does it take for my rewards to be delivered to me?

A: The great news with the new GlobalTestMarket rewards catalogue is that delivery times are much faster! This depends on your choice of rewards of course, but rewards like Paypal or electronic vouchers are typically delivered within hours, sometimes minutes! Products like cheques or paper vouchers take a bit more time, within 2 weeks or so.

Q: What is the minimum amount of MarketPoints I need to redeem?

A: The minimum order value is 1,000 MarketPoints. In our new catalog, you will find rewards which have a value less than 1,000 MarketPoints. To redeem, you need to select one or more rewards together, to make the value of your order worth 1,000 MarketPoints. Enjoy shopping in our new catalog!

Just received an email as well (U.S. member). The description looks suspiciously like the perks plus system My Survey uses. So I bet the same "management fee" will be tacked on to the points as per the descriptions by Canadian members in this thread, so a $50 PayPal cash out will actually cost 1100 points instead of 1000. As I said earlier, I'm not so sure it's a good thing Lightspeed Research bought out GMI.

anyone actually read this part?

Q: Does the value of my MarketPoints change?

A: Historically, 1,000 MarketPoints was equivalent to $USD 50.00. With the new program, each reward has a unique value so the equivalence will vary based on the reward. Also depending on the reward, there is slight change in the value of MarketPoints to include delivery and management fees, but we trust that the added value brought by the new program will compensate for these minor adjustments.

So in other words, they're going to use Pay Pal now, but they're going to scalp you like some other sites are doing?

How is it that Opinion Outpost and even their "sister" company Survey Spot - who certainly have many flaws of their own - can manage to cash out with Pay Pal, do so instantly (or nearly so) everytime, and not charge for it?

And then you have the "Only Cash Surveys" types who make you wait a month for surveys to be verified, another month for your payment request to be "approved" and then yet another month for the payment to go through.... and then with a scalping fee on top of it.

If GTM wants to go to that model, screw it... just keep sending me the checks. It's actually less hassle.

I got that email too. *sigh*

All the time I've been waiting for them to finally get PayPal and when they do, they add a fee...And I hope the $50 check option doesn't become equivalent to 1100 like Elmwood posted? Ugh. I cashed out today...I should have waited to accumulate more points and cashed out on June 10th.

I'm pretty sure we are paying the service fee for PayPal at other websites like Opinion Outpost also. They just take the fee out of the actual survey up front without letting us know instead of throwing it in our face like the other companies. For the amount of payments they send through PayPal I'm sure the fees are pretty large so I'm not mad about the fees being taken. Even using the Chexx system that GTM uses has a fee attached to it that we are/were paying for. They just took the fee behind the scenes and didn't attach it to our points.

I just wish they would all take the fee without deducting it from the point value upon cash out. That's what makes it feel like we are being used or even ripped off at some sites.

They tell you about the change but when you go to the site it's not telling you anything.To me why advertise if you arent going to explain how to cash out with all options.

they are probably the most fair paying out of my lineup.. i guess i don't mind a small charge for the convenience of it all.. i just want them to be honest about it.. i know these companies re-evaluate each year how to make more money.. which translates into us usually taking the hit. So when I see this BS line by companies such as Valued Opinions telling me there's an administrative fee when i get the code instantly upon cashing out.. i know they're lying.. but most people will just go with it.

Everything will be fine until we start to realize they are giving the same lousy point value that mysurvey is now offering.If this happens I wont be doing to much with them.

yeah i just got the email testerday too. i wonder if the check cashout for $50 is still going to be 1000 points or are they going to have a higher figure for that now. im glad i just cashed out before they're implementing it here. im doing less and less surveys across the board for all panels now than i did just a year or so ago. its getting to the point i just dont care for doing them anymore. its not worth my time and the hassle. really a crying shame. :(