GTM about to make some kind of change

avemaria

So, who is going to ask them on their Facebook page why they are charging a "delivery fee" for Amazon when Amazon doesn't charge any such fee?

If it was like VO where you had to wait for the points to go into my account and take forever to go from pending to paid I would quit.But I guess it's a sign of the times I will wait for a check because I refuse to take that much of a pay cut to get Paypal.

I decided I'm going with the check too, every time. PayPal is a total ripoff at the amounts they have it. I can see they are taking advantage of members' desire to have their money faster. They are also charging for the store gift cards so I can't go with that either. I'm just going to ignore the other cashout options so the only change for me is that now I need 100 more points to cashout. :|

I know we are all going to get upset but I'm not really sure what we can do about it.DO YOU THINK THEY CARE?Sorry about caps-anyway when have our complaints ever changed the way a survey company has done business?

No, they don't listen to complaints but they do listen to action.

SurveySpot brought back points (albeit an extremely small amount) when people stopped doing their sweepstakes only surveys.

Opinion Outpost increased the compensation for magazine surveys to 10 points (like it was originally) from the 5 it was for a while.

But I don't think people will really change their habits re: GTM because they won't realize how bad it is and GTM is still offering some points. People go where the points are, even if it's so small as to be negligible.

The thing is, these survey companies are blatantly ripping people off. I'll tell you a story -- once I got a survey directly from a specific company. It took me about 15 minutes and paid $5. The interesting part about this though is that I saw the same survey earlier on OO for $1! I accidentally DQ'd myself (clicked the wrong answer and couldn't go back)...And later I saw it on GTM for $1.50!

So GTM is taking $3.50 out of $5 and they're telling me that they can't afford to pay a $3 PayPal fee? I mean, these survey sites act like they're overburdened with administrative fees. Oh, please. :roll:

Honestly I'm only continuing to take surveys because I have to be online a few hours every day to do administrative work for my online business. Otherwise I wouldn't waste my time; surveys are chump change at this point. Dishonest businesses are one of my pet peeves and survey companies are among the worst of the worst.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• avemaria

• footfree

• ksedwar

• SeriousSurveyer

Well it is just about 2:00am CST and as of now there isn't any change to the redeeming your points yet................. :roll:

And I'm still at 760 points going on over a week. All I'm getting are the sweeps surveys.................. :x

I'm just wondering...when you get the sweepstakes only for the reward, do you still take the survey anyways? I'm still in the process of deciding whether to join GTM or not, but if they have alot of sweeps, I'm just going to X them out (each sweep survey). But at the sametime, is that allowed? -Like will they discontinue my account or something?

Not only that but you can't cash out for anything untill you have 1000 points. I have 830 points and I just tried to cash-out for $25.00 amazon which os 550 points and it says

"Sorry, your cart total does not meet the minimum points to redeem. The minimum number of MarketPoints needed to redeem is 1,000".......... :evil:

How much is 1000 points equivelant to? So basically it's almost like the 1000 points are theirs.

Not only that but you can't cash out for anything untill you have 1000 points. I have 830 points and I just tried to cash-out for $25.00 amazon which os 550 points and it says

"Sorry, your cart total does not meet the minimum points to redeem. The minimum number of MarketPoints needed to redeem is 1,000".......... :evil:

How much is 1000 points equivelant to? So basically it's almost like the 1000 points are theirs.

they adjusted their point values to reflect the new cashout options, (not to mention sifting a little off the top for themselves no doubt).. so cashing out via Paypal we're losing 15% of the usual value.. Amazon is a 10% drop in value... paper check is 10% reduction as well...

i'm just bothered that they charge more for each dollar amount for Amazon cards when it doesn't cost them any more.. same with checks.. they get around this obvious increase in charge by altering their point amounts.. so now it doesn't look like a charge. So i can't literally complain of them charging for nothing.. they've just flat out reduced what they pay per point.. between ten and fifteen percent. This prevents people from rebelling upon seeing that they charge higher as the total goes higher.. basically like Ebay and how they want more money the more you make on the auction sale. So they just blame the new system and alter point values to compensate.. they're off the hook.. but even after all of this they're still the highest paying company per survey for me.. it's just hard knowing how much less you're making.

Well it is just about 2:00am CST and as of now there isn't any change to the redeeming your points yet................. :roll:

And I'm still at 760 points going on over a week. All I'm getting are the sweeps surveys.................. :x

I'm just wondering...when you get the sweepstakes only for the reward, do you still take the survey anyways? I'm still in the process of deciding whether to join GTM or not, but if they have alot of sweeps, I'm just going to X them out (each sweep survey). But at the sametime, is that allowed? -Like will they discontinue my account or something?

no i never do those.. well actually their sweeps surveys pay 3 entries per survey.. but if you dq it gives you a single entry..

it used to be $50

now if you cash out via Paypal it's really $42.50... Amazon it's $45... check it's $45

it used to be $50

now if you cash out via Paypal it's really $42.50... Amazon it's $45... check it's $45

Thanks for all that info! I think I am (finally) going to give them another try (last time I was a member, it was in 2009 I think but I quit because I hated receiving checks). I don't mind the pay cut, however I just wish you didn't have to earn 1000 BEFORE you can ever cash out! :roll:

Remember as I mentioned, before you can cash out to PayPal, you need more than 1000pts. I had to go with 1092pts for $45. Like others have said this is a faster/easier option but the $50 cheque for 1100pts is still the best option (even though it could take 6 weeks).

So basically GTM hires a middle man to pay us and they are charging the fee's for us to get our money.It's kinda like insurance companies if you were to eliminate them and have these companies(ie...hospitals and the likes) do their own bookkeeping and accounting we wouldn't have to pay extra.All GTM has done is pass the buck so they wont have to deal with the headaches of sending us checks and having us ask where they are.Typical -but what are we to do?

wish they had a $50 paypal.. right now you have to select a ten and two twenties to cash out..

i looked at some of the prizes and i haven't found anything as ridiculous as tellwut's tablet for $600 when you can get amazon cards for $380 and buy it yourself.. but they are charging for a profit for the things they have..

Sounds like I will be staying with the 6 to 8 week checks in the mail system...

Amazon has the same 'reduction' as paper checks.. 10%, it's only Paypal they charge 15% for.

GOOD MORNING PEOPLE

Well I guess everyone has noticed by now that GLOBAL TEST MARKET is charging us a fee

when we go to cash-in our points!!!!! Had to have 1100 points in my account the other day

to cash-in for a couple of Amazon gift cards. Still sticking with them since they send me surveys

on a regular basis. Probably e-mail them this week and ask them why we're getting charged a fee

now and see what kind of excuse I get. Oh well guess I'll keep up trucking!!!!!!! :P:P

Sounds like I will be staying with the 6 to 8 week checks in the mail system...

Amazon has the same 'reduction' as paper checks.. 10%, it's only Paypal they charge 15% for.

The reasons I'm choosing the check and not Amazon ever:

1) I could possibly justify being charged for a check since they have to go through a third party, but not Amazon since I know for sure Amazon doesn't charge fees.

2) There are so many sites where you are not charged for Amazon, so why cashout with one which charges when they have offer options?

3) I don't need any more Amazon gift codes. If I do feel like shopping at Amazon, last time I checked, Amazon also accepts cash...