GTM about to make some kind of change

avemaria

Sounds like I will be staying with the 6 to 8 week checks in the mail system...

Amazon has the same 'reduction' as paper checks.. 10%, it's only Paypal they charge 15% for.

The reasons I'm choosing the check and not Amazon ever:

1) I could possibly justify being charged for a check since they have to go through a third party, but not Amazon since I know for sure Amazon doesn't charge fees.

2) There are so many sites where you are not charged for Amazon, so why cash out with one which charges when they have offer options?

3) I don't need any more Amazon gift codes. If I do feel like shopping at Amazon, last time I checked, Amazon also accepts cash...

Well I like/love amazon gift cards. I got a queen sofa sleeper last year that was $920.00 all paid with amazon cards. And made more amazons for over $600.00 for CHRISTmas shopping. So Amazons are a great way to be paid. I had a tire on my car blow out and got one from amazon so no drain on my pocket book. My kids live 500 moles from me so they make their wish list public and tell them to spend $250 each. I order the presents they want had have them shipped right to their homes free. You can't beat Amazon............... :D

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• avemaria

• footfree

• ksedwar

• SeriousSurveyer

I can only justify shopping at Amazon when I know I am getting the best deal possible or I cant find what I want anywhere else.Plus now they are changing the laws and every internet company has to charge sales tax.So what does that mean to me I shop around, of course I have always done this.I refuse to pay more for a product then what it's worth just because I have Amazon gift cards.If I did not look at it this way then my earnings with survey companies would be of less value.But we each look at things different and that's okay.You have to know what works best for you.

More days then not I have to use my survey taking time wisely because I don't have enough time to explore every option out there. So the only Amazon cards I will work for regularly are from sites that are worth taking my time away from working on cash sites, like Darwins Data. If I can make $1 cash or $1 Amazon I'll always go for the cash site(s) before the GC site even if the surveys are a few minutes longer. Tellwut is the only GC site that I do regularly and even that can be draining when the site is slow and it takes longer than normal. In the back of my mind I'm telling myself to just leave it alone and work on cash surveys instead.

The reasons I'm choosing the check and not Amazon ever:

1) I could possibly justify being charged for a check since they have to go through a third party, but not Amazon since I know for sure Amazon doesn't charge fees.

2) There are so many sites where you are not charged for Amazon, so why cash out with one which charges when they have offer options?

3) I don't need any more Amazon gift codes. If I do feel like shopping at Amazon, last time I checked, Amazon also accepts cash...

Well I like/love amazon gift cards. I got a queen sofa sleeper last year that was $920.00 all paid with amazon cards. And made more amazons for over $600.00 for CHRISTmas shopping. So Amazons are a great way to be paid. I had a tire on my car blow out and got one from amazon so no drain on my pocket book. My kids live 500 moles from me so they make their wish list public and tell them to spend $250 each. I order the presents they want had have them shipped right to their homes free. You can't beat Amazon............... :D

That's fine; I have no problem with Amazon gift codes and I can find some good things on Amazon. What I'm saying is that I wouldn't take an AGC over cash, if given the option. After all, you can shop on Amazon with cash, but you can only use AGC on Amazon.

Just wondering if anyone has cashed out for PayPal? If so, did you receive the money as quickly as they stated you would in the email?

Just wondering if anyone has cashed out for PayPal? If so, did you receive the money as quickly as they stated you would in the email?

I don't know about paypal but, I cashed out for 2 amazons and got them right away............ :D

So I would think paypal would be just as quick. Remember though to put in as many as you want before clicking because if you just click on what you want and not for how many then you will only get 1 then you would have to wait till you get to 1000 again. Do you know what I'm trying to say??.......... :roll:

Because someone else cashed out but didn't put how many and then trying for another one, you can't till 1000............... :shock:

I rather only pick one small reward, so I don't have to wait to add up the 1000 again (like just have to save up $25 again rather than $50).

i cashed out on the 11th (9 days ago) with paypal and am still yet to get it

I don't know about paypal but, I cashed out for 2 amazons and got them right away............ :D

So I would think paypal would be just as quick. Remember though to put in as many as you want before clicking because if you just click on what you want and not for how many then you will only get 1 then you would have to wait till you get to 1000 again. Do you know what I'm trying to say??.......... :roll:

Because someone else cashed out but didn't put how many and then trying for another one, you can't till 1000............... :shock:

you still have to have a cart total of at least 1000 points though right? i can see what you're saying if the person had like 1500 points and they only did 1000.. they'd have to wait to get to 1000 again as they won't let you buy with 500.

i cashed out on the 11th (9 days ago) with paypal and am still yet to get it

WHAT! :shock:

Didn't GTM say that Paypal will be fast! :(

I rather only pick one small reward, so I don't have to wait to add up the 1000 again (like just have to save up $25 again rather than $50).

Yes I can see your point................... :)

I did something like that a few years back with OO and it merged with SP and they froze a lot of peoples accounts. I didn't know about the merger and I had $105.00 stuck in a frozen account and it took over 2 months with the BBB to get it,................ :x

With the way survey sites are going, they are changing it all the time......................... :shock:

I would hate myself if knowingly leaving $25 (550) in my survey account, and like Superpoints it just ceased to exist over night. Many people lost their earnings that day with NO CHANCE to get paid.................... :cry:

Just like Valuid Opinions pulled that stunt were you have to make $2.00 extra before cashing out. When I hit the $20.00 mark I went to cash-out and that just happened to be the same darn day they changed it to a $2.00 fee, So I had to do 1 or 2 free surveys to get my $20.00. BAD BUSINESS................... :evil:

I like watching my amazon account build. And I know my money is safe and sound. It drives me to do more surveys, I don't get money hungry just amazon hungry...................... :wink:

Last year a few here were teasing me calling me the amazon queen. I bought a queen size sofa sleeper for $929.00 all gift cards I earned from January 1 to June 26th. Then earned another $600 + for CHRISTmas....................... :mrgreen:

you still have to have a cart total of at least 1000 points though right? i can see what you're saying if the person had like 1500 points and they only did 1000.. they'd have to wait to get to 1000 again as they won't let you buy with 500.

Yes you would have to wait till 1000 again. I'd rather get ALL mine while the getten is good............ :P

I did something like that a few years back with OO and it merged with SP and they froze a lot of peoples accounts. I didn't know about the merger and I had $105.00 stuck in a frozen account and it took over 2 months with the BBB to get it,................ :x

With the way survey sites are going, they are changing it all the time......................... :shock:

I would hate myself if knowingly leaving $25 (550) in my survey account, and like Superpoints it just ceased to exist over night. Many people lost their earnings that day with NO CHANCE to get paid.................... :cry:

Just like Valuid Opinions pulled that stunt were you have to make $2.00 extra before cashing out. When I hit the $20.00 mark I went to cash-out and that just happened to be the same darn day they changed it to a $2.00 fee, So I had to do 1 or 2 free surveys to get my $20.00. BAD BUSINESS................... :evil:

I like watching my amazon account build. And I know my money is safe and sound. It drives me to do more surveys, I don't get money hungry just amazon hungry...................... :wink:

Last year a few here were teasing me calling me the amazon queen. I bought a queen size sofa sleeper for $929.00 all gift cards I earned from January 1 to June 26th. Then earned another $600 + for CHRISTmas....................... :mrgreen:

How the HECK did you earn that much, in so little time, doing surveys :|:shock: ???

Besides eating, I do surveys allday and everyday and in one year (just about) I make half of that :cry:

And with Valued Opinions, I hear ya! I don't care that they take the 2 bucks :roll: but now it's going to take EVEN LONGER for redemption (cause you know how long it takes just to get the $20, so the extra $2 bucks can make this a longer wait)!

And with the merge, I understand. This isn't the same but similar-with Gratispoints (for me). They froze my account and I felt something was off with them. So, I was going to cash out onemore time (since I already had like $20 bucks) and at the time, the redemption was still $25.00...then my plan was to quit.

So as soon as I reached the $25.00, Wham! They "mysteriously" changed the redemption to $50 (and only the amazon cards were $25). So I gave up the cash in exchange for amazon cards :roll:

lol it's funny how we get so into these survey chats, but hey we do these surveys allday so there :D

Just like Valued Opinions pulled that stunt were you have to make $2.00 extra before cashing out. When I hit the $20.00 mark I went to cash-out and that just happened to be the same darn day they changed it to a $2.00 fee, So I had to do 1 or 2 free surveys to get my $20.00. BAD BUSINESS................... :evil:

How the HECK did you earn that much, in so little time, doing surveys :|:shock: ???

Besides eating, I do surveys all day and everyday and in one year (just about) I make half of that :cry:

And with Valued Opinions, I hear ya! I don't care that they take the 2 bucks :roll: but now it's going to take EVEN LONGER for redemption (cause you know how long it takes just to get the $20, so the extra $2 bucks can make this a longer wait)!

And with the merge, I understand. This isn't the same but similar-with Gratis Points (for me). They froze my account and I felt something was off with them. So, I was going to cash out one more time (since I already had like $20 bucks) and at the time, the redemption was still $25.00...then my plan was to quit.

So as soon as I reached the $25.00, Wham! They "mysteriously" changed the redemption to $50 (and only the amazon cards were $25). So I gave up the cash in exchange for amazon cards :roll:

lol it's funny how we get so into these survey chats, but hey we do these surveys all day so there :D

I used to do a lot of SH before Jessica left. She was a peach!! I was getting a lot from Mindfield (I hardly get any from them now) I got to cash out with Univox 2ce (they are mostly 5 pointers but here and there I get to complete a few 100-400 but it adds up) JD powers 3 times, my view I got 2 test products that paid $25.00 each. my survey (2 diary paid $35.00 2 weeks on a phone they sent me) "23 and me" paid $130 for spit to analyze my RA. SurveyScoutSurvey is a good (I cash out $10 sometimes $20 a month) one to join. Early last year Toluna was still decent (not any more) Specpan always pays $5-15 but they take for ever to get your check and only a few a year. Survey Savvy (only had 1 of those this year) My points last year $75.00 (takes about 2 months to get amazon code in snail mail (I almost have $150 with them now this year so will cash out in October for CHRISTmas hope to be up to $200. by then and with bzzagent more points yea) Tellwut since june of last year till December about $140 because last year $20. a month. there is HarrisPollLine, livewire, Datatelligence, pureprofile (2 years and still only have $20.90 need $25 but they took the 10 pointers away for red next) Cent but they went from 6.00 to 12.00 to cash out. Ideashifters (kinda slow) opinionsite, opinionsquare, opinion place, inspired opinion (slow). There are a few more.

Point is with the slow surveys, you start at the beginning of the year and by November most of them will be close to cash-out.

This is the first year I did GTM I thought when you get to 1000 it was only $10, It was here when someone told me $50 for 1000. I used to pass them up all the time. Now I cashed out 2ce. today for (you guested it...$50 amazon lol) And gratispoints yesterday (first time and maybe last) O yea the greeting card one $25.00

Then there are the focus groups.Some pay alot but now they to are paying less (most I ever got paid for one was $175 for 6 days. But some are over the phone while on the computer, and 2 were by web cam and the phone were I see whom I'm talking to and those are only 60 minutes for $50-100. I would rather do a 5 day study for $100 then do regular surveys, but those are getting harder to get into now.

I haven't made as much this year as last. maybe $700 so far in amazon but we had 2 tires go bad this winter and it cost $200 from my amazon account to buy the new ones, so that set me back. And dog treats are cheeper on amazon. But what you gonna do?? Had to have the tires. Took 3 days for them to be delivered. Lucky I save amazon because we sure didn't have money to buy them. That's why I like amazon, you never know when you NEED something. OK, DONE TYPING!! I type with one finger, but I'm pretty good at it. RA in my hands.

Hope this helps some people with some sites that are available, like I said the less frequent ones get close to or do by the end of the year.

I don't have to worry about $$ getting presents for my twin daughters/familys mom husband and a few friends and of corse there are 2 dogs, a cat and a parrot (they like opening their gifts to. lol. It is SO MUCH FUN spending it all at the end of the year, I tell my twins (I give them $200 each) to order in November what they want for them and my grand kids and they go to amazon, make their wish list public for me to see and I order all the things they want and a,mazon ships it free (let the girls wrap them).......................... :lol::wink: I manage to get myself 2 horse tee shirts. Last year got my mom a bottle of Chanel #5 $120.00 So much fun seeing amazon build up, what I worked all year then GO CRAZY spending what took 10 months doing surveys and ALL GONE in 2 weeks. January?? START ALL OVER AGAIN......... :shock:

WOW@1957 horses. Lastyear all my Cash earnings went to onething-my car insurance :? !

But that won't happen again, since I tossed my car and stopped my car insurance :D

This survey money is too precious to be spending on car insurance!