Surveyhead frustration

machettek

My e-mail is via my internet provider - they say no e-mail is ever just deleted/blocked and should go to the junk mail folder, and to add any addresses you're having trouble with to your address book (which I did days ago). This is the first time I've ever had e-mails just not show up at all. Since SurveyHead can't do any more, I guess there's not much to do. I'm not getting their e-mails...I just want to cash out when I can, oh well :?

I heard back from MyPoll and am getting my issue straightened out with them.

After reading this long thread sounds like there might be some issue with your email provider. Send me an email to [email protected] and ill get your account confirmed. If you made $25+ might as well cash out before you close your account.

Anyone else who is having issues just send me an email and ill do my best to solve it.

Thank you,

Jessica

Surveyhead Rep

[email protected]

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• avemaria

• sgontu

• peach6

• seven

Top Posters In This Topic

I got some yesterday and today...Credit is linked to when the receive the completes participants profiles from their clients.

SH simply updates as soon as they receive them.

I also received credit for some three surveys which i m not sure when i completed but failed to communicate back after survey completion.

I observed this frequently and now i dont spend any time sending out emails to them if there is a technical issue post completion of the survey.

Once you have filled in everything for a survey, it will go into the client's completed list for sure.

SH will post your credit as soon as they receive the client list irrespective of it showing up in pending rewards.

I may sound like knowing too much about the process but i m a regular member just like you people.

Its just an observation.

sgontu thank you for all your help in explaining our procedures. You have nailed it. I am becoming very familiar with your name. Lol. Thank you for taking the time to report the issue and understanding our process. Specially thankful for flagging down that inappropriate survey a few days ago.

Although our procedures may be lengthy I can assure you that we are working on speeding things up. Our old policy was cash out and pending surveys can take up to 6 weeks to approve have now been brought down to 3 weeks. We are striving to bring that gap down even closer down to a 2 week wait. If you observe any old behavior please report it to me at [email protected] or [email protected].

Thank you,

Jessica

Surveyhead Rep

[email protected]

And thank you for confirming to the forum members (by replying) that i m not an employee of SH:):)

With all the procedural details i have been providing off late about SH , people well might start thinking i work for SH.

I m just another survey taker and i m a member of SH for a long time now.

Whenever there is a technical issue, i get it sorted out with customer reps and i hear similar problems here on the forum.

So i share what i have known from the SH customer serv reps.

However a few members along with me are eager to know about the "Invalid" status we have been received which i never received before 2012.

This makes us feel anxious about pending rewards if they get invalidated. Since the credit takes a lot of time, we lose track on what survey was it.

So its not even possible to clarify or provide any details that we did complete the survey with full attention. At least i do for sure.

If you could share the rational behind this with the members here, that ll be helpful. Why never before and why now?

I got some yesterday and today...Credit is linked to when the receive the completes participants profiles from their clients.

I also received credit for some three surveys which i m not sure when i completed but failed to communicate back after survey completion.

I observed this frequently and now i dont spend any time sending out emails to them if there is a technical issue post completion of the survey.

Once you have filled in everything for a survey, it will go into the client's completed list for sure.

SH will post your credit as soon as they receive the client list irrespective of it showing up in pending rewards.

I may sound like knowing too much about the process but i m a regular member just like you people.

Its just an observation.

sgontu thank you for all your help in explaining our procedures. You have nailed it. I am becoming very familiar with your name. Lol. Thank you for taking the time to report the issue and understanding our process. Specially thankful for flagging down that inappropriate survey a few days ago.

Although our procedures may be lengthy I can assure you that we are working on speeding things up. Our old policy was cash out and pending surveys can take up to 6 weeks to approve have now been brought down to 3 weeks. We are striving to bring that gap down even closer down to a 2 week wait. If you observe any old behavior please report it to me at [email protected] or [email protected].

Thank you,

Jessica

Surveyhead Rep

[email protected]

Here's my beef Jessica...why should we have to wait 6 weeks...now 3 weeks when we cash out via PAYPAL? why can't you be like Opinion Outpost & pay us instant like they do when you cash out with them? What's the problem with that? I don't buy this crap...why should we have to wait after our cashout? Why not just pay us?...Don't want to hear that it's all about security...making sure someone's not scamming & so on...You get the survey responses from us..then surveys go from "pending" to paid to confirmed when cashing out ...then invalid which I think is the biggest pile of you know what...You get all the answers from us which some people I hear spend 20-40 minutes on some surveys then give us the big "invalid" at the end..Is it my fault that I can type & can use a mouse & can enter the survey responses a little faster than joe blow? If you get all the survey answers that you need & the answers make sense then why shaft us if we finish the survey quick? Why do we get dq'd for crap like that? It's stupid that you have to watch the clock now & make sure you don't go under the time or you guys will give us an "INVALID" on the survey we're taking ...If you offer Paypal then start making it instant payouts & you wouldn't have so many pissed off people

Sorry for ranting everyone but it's crap...pay us what you owe us & stop holding out on our cash

Its just an observation.

Thank you,

Jessica

Surveyhead Rep

[email protected]

Here's my beef Jessica...why should we have to wait 6 weeks...now 3 weeks when we cash out via PAYPAL? why can't you be like Opinion Outpost & pay us instant like they do when you cash out with them? What's the problem with that? I don't buy this crap...why should we have to wait after our cashout? Why not just pay us?...Don't want to hear that it's all about security...making sure someone's not scamming & so on...You get the survey responses from us..then surveys go from "pending" to paid to confirmed when cashing out ...then invalid which I think is the biggest pile of you know what...You get all the answers from us which some people I hear spend 20-40 minutes on some surveys then give us the big "invalid" at the end..Is it my fault that I can type & can use a mouse & can enter the survey responses a little faster than joe blow? If you get all the survey answers that you need & the answers make sense then why shaft us if we finish the survey quick? Why do we get dq'd for crap like that? It's stupid that you have to watch the clock now & make sure you don't go under the time or you guys will give us an "INVALID" on the survey we're taking ...If you offer Paypal then start making it instant payouts & you wouldn't have so many pissed off people

Sorry for ranting everyone but it's crap...pay us what you owe us & stop holding out on our cash

The issue here is not that we don't pay but the length that it takes. We always honor all cash out and always pay. The simply explanation is that we operate differently than other survey panels. It's a choice, not a rule and we are upfront about it. If OO chooses to to pay right away and that works for them, great! Our procedure may be time consuming but it's effective, we get to provide a high level of sample to our clients and in turn they bring more business for us to provide more surveys.

The pending surveys and cash out are 2 different procedures and are handled by separate entities. Surveys are reviewed by our clients. They have up to 6 weeks to review the data and send it back to us. Cash outs are reviewed by us. In both cases we are trying to weed out the bad seeds. You will be surprised how many fraudulent members we find. Both procedures ensure the quality of our data and we are not willing to compromise on that.

Invalids is another step that we take to ensure quality. Our three most common reasons for invalids are speeding, straightlining and dishonest answers. Surveys taken within a fracture of the time. This does not apply to fast readers, professional survey takers and people with super high speed internet access. All those factors have been taken into account before hand. Straightlining is when you choose the same answers every time; for example you pick the second answer in every question. Honestly is the third specially in open ended questions. These are the top 3 reasons. Ultimately we have project managers and policies to protect the member from clients taking advantage of invalids.

If you think that you have been wrongfully invalidated I can take a look at the project and see if there was some sort of issue send me an email.

Thanks,

Jessica

I'm pleased with your answer & see where you're coming from...at least you take the time to explain this to the survey members..I didn't even know that there were professional survey takers out there...I just wish that your company would go into the instant payment for Paypal..that's my biggest beef...as for invalids I guess it all depends how you guys look at it at Surveyhead..One last question...are you thinking of getting Amazon Gift Certs as an option for cashing out rewards?

Thanks Green

We offer Amazon but not gift certificates. We offer codes. They are available at the $25 and $50 levels. We don't offer any type of physical reward due to having to mail it. Amazon is our second most popular reward next to Paypal.

I'm pleased with your answer & see where you're coming from...at least you take the time to explain this to the survey members..I didn't even know that there were professional survey takers out there...I just wish that your company would go into the instant payment for Paypal..that's my biggest beef...as for invalids I guess it all depends how you guys look at it at Surveyhead..One last question...are you thinking of getting Amazon Gift Certs as an option for cashing out rewards?

Thanks Green

they have amazon.. you just have to go to the higher dollar amounts where they are.. i think $25 and $50 are the 2 options for that.

The issue here is not that we don't pay but the length that it takes. We always honor all cash out and always pay. The simply explanation is that we operate differently than other survey panels. It's a choice, not a rule and we are upfront about it. If OO chooses to to pay right away and that works for them, great! Our procedure may be time consuming but it's effective, we get to provide a high level of sample to our clients and in turn they bring more business for us to provide more surveys.

The pending surveys and cash out are 2 different procedures and are handled by separate entities. Surveys are reviewed by our clients. They have up to 6 weeks to review the data and send it back to us. Cash outs are reviewed by us. In both cases we are trying to weed out the bad seeds. You will be surprised how many fraudulent members we find. Both procedures ensure the quality of our data and we are not willing to compromise on that.

Invalids is another step that we take to ensure quality. Our three most common reasons for invalids are speeding, straightlining and dishonest answers. Surveys taken within a fracture of the time. This does not apply to fast readers, professional survey takers and people with super high speed internet access. All those factors have been taken into account before hand. Straightlining is when you choose the same answers every time; for example you pick the second answer in every question. Honestly is the third specially in open ended questions. These are the top 3 reasons. Ultimately we have project managers and policies to protect the member from clients taking advantage of invalids.

If you think that you have been wrongfully invalidated I can take a look at the project and see if there was some sort of issue send me an email.

Thanks,

Jessica

It's interesting to see the steps your panel takes to provide the best quality of answers using different methods with the highest quality available. And more interesting is, that you send 30 minutes surveys for $0.25. Do you expect to receive top quality answer for these surveys and do you expect that people take 30 minutes of their time doing a survey for 25 cents? Also, the results of more fraudulent members are because your low payments.

A blog from Surveyhead explaining the invalids- Happened to come across...

What are “invalid” surveys?

with 3 comments

We love that our members keep track of their surveys and accounts! We hope that the account snapshot page on our website makes this easy for you. Last week we discussed the process a survey takes once you, our members, complete your part. Our customer support team gets asked a lot of questions about the “invalid” status a survey can receive. We have had a special request for a post about this process.

Why is a survey marked “invalid”?

Once a survey is complete, all submitted the data is sent to our clients for verification. A survey will remain “pending” until the client has verified this data. Once our clients have gone through the verification process, they let us know which respondents to credit for the survey and which respondents not to credit for the survey. Those they did not credit for a survey will be marked “invalid”.

What makes a survey “invalid”?

If you have a survey marked “invalid” on your account snapshot it may have been for one of the following reasons:

Speeder issue – when a survey is completed too quickly and does not match the time criteria required for that survey.

Data Quality – The quality of the data provided by a panelist is not accepted or used for data analysis by the client of that survey.

Profanity or abusive language – If the panelist uses what can be described as abusive language in the survey, it will be marked as invalid.

What happens if I have too many “invalid” surveys?

We know you will try your best to be an honest and thoughtful survey taker, however it is within a client’s rights to reject data. If a member of our panel has too many surveys that are marked as invalid, his or her ability to take surveys and earn rewards can be revoked.

Please remember to read all questions carefully, take your time, and be thorough and honest. If you keep this in mind, you more than likely will not have surveys marked invalid by our clients. Thank you to our helpful Surveyhead member for requesting a post about invalids!

Thanks,

Jessica

It's interesting to see the steps your panel takes to provide the best quality of answers using different methods with the highest quality available. And more interesting is, that you send 30 minutes surveys for $0.25. Do you expect to receive top quality answer for these surveys and do you expect that people take 30 minutes of their time doing a survey for 25 cents? Also, the results of more fraudulent members are because your low payments.

I can understand as a fellow survey taker how frustrating it is to answer those lengthy surveys for just 25 cents but with my experience of SH, all 25 cents or 50 cents surveys are only 3-4 minutes long and can be completed well within those 2 minutes. Those are being hosted by Survey Builder.

Outside these type of surveys i have nt seen a survey from SH which pays so low for 30 mins. The avg pay for a survey of 15 minutes has always been worth 1$ or more.

One BIG reason why i love SH. They respect your time unlike any other site. I can give you a list of survey sites who simply make use of the fact that there are more survey takers today and they will fill up the quota even though their incentives are dismal. SH avg pay have not degraded since 2010/2011.

That's not the case with sites like Opinion Outpost, MyView, mysurvey. Their avg pay value has almost halved or even less than that.

I once did a 40 minute survey for OO for 50 cents, i was watching TV and did not recall the incentive when i started the survey. It went on and on and realized finally that i received 50 cents. I kind of lose respect when somebody is trying to take advantage of the situation. MYView was an excellent site back in 2009/2010 and then they converted to points system, believe me their incentive value have gone down by 70% on avg.

I guess it all boils down to reputation and client base. Every survey site has its positives and negatives.

For somebody like me who does not have time to take surveys during a work week, i d want my time to be positively valued , reason why i have been going gung ho about SH on this forum. We should not pass on our frustration from other survey sites to a genuine one. We wont be left with any if we survey takers screw up the objective of surveys by providing invalid data. I dont like to justify providing invalid data instead will pay extra attention while taking them. If clients who post surveys arent getting what they want from survey takers, they will give the data collection a miss and will never come back.

PS : There was a quality assurance question in the middle of a survey, which asked me to "Select Very Favourable for this option". My eyes were dizzy and though i know i read the options correctly, my mouse clicked "Extremely Favourable" and i could nt go back to the page to correct it. :D:D

Do es anyone do the opinionsphere surveys that you get all the time on surveyhead? they ask the same questions over and over and they never get me a survey so I will not do them anymore.

Do es anyone do the opinionsphere surveys that you get all the time on surveyhead? they ask the same questions over and over and they never get me a survey so I will not do them anymore.

Nope, not me. As soon as I see that nasty blue screen, I know it's OTX and exit. They don't just come from Surveyhead. They crop up everywhere.

The opinionshere surveys are used by almost every company which has a unique feature of keep on searching for a suitable survey unless it finds one.

All companies are trying to use it to have their members do atleast a survey a day, reason why it pops up everyday in your dashboard.

But opinionshere is so messed up , 10 out of 10 times it just collects loads of data and cant find any survey.

In six months, there was only one ocassion where the opinionshere took me to an actual survey.

Not just this opinionshere survey from SH, i usually close the survey as soon as i see its from OTX. No point doing them.