Darwin's Data

cassie1967

Yay! I finally got to do my very first "real" survey for Darwin's today! I had only done the initial profile survey up to this point, and it took a little under a month to get a real survey. I was so excited to see it in my email. I hopped on it right away, because the message in the email implied that you have to act fast or they will meet their quota.

Of course, at the very moment I began the Darwin's video/survey, one of my neighbors began rolling very loud garbage bins back and forth, back and forth, outside, and something I had put in the oven was going to burn if I didn't attend to it. So I blasted the volume up and listened to the attorney explain the case as I took the food from the oven and closed the window to drown out the noise from my neighbor!

Honestly, it didn't take anywhere close to an hour. It was all a much faster process than I expected. I don't know how long the video actually was, but not too long. The questionnaire portion of it was not long or complicated either. I expected to see some crazy legal terms thrown at me (some of which I might know, as I used to do legal typing), but it was easy -- and the case was pretty interesting as well!

Now, to wait for the $25 Amazon! Wheeeeee!!!!!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• avemaria

• 1957horses

• footfree

• ksedwar

I haven't received anything from them since the original one I filled out. I guess there are lots of folks for them to go through.

rosiesmom -

Do you mean you only did the profile survey for them, or did you get one of the actual $25 "cases" with the video and all of that? In any case, maybe you'll get the one I got today! It's actually better if they don't send the same survey to everyone at the exact same time of day, because chances are the site with the video would freeze up if too many people tried to access it at once (I've been noticing that happening with various interactive online sessions lately -- too many people try to sign on at the same exact time and the sites begin to lock up). And if that happens, or if we have to stop the survey for any reason, supposedly we can't re-access the video, according to what Darwin's says in their email.

I kind of wondered if Darwin's starts out all new members with the same one or two surveys, but the one that I did today does not seem to match up with what people on this board have described that they received from Darwin's for their first real survey. So I am inclined to think it's just a matter of whatever Darwin's has available at any given time, maybe they send it out to a select group of people. If they get in a new case, they send the survey out to certain folks. Maybe for the next case they send out the survey to a slightly different group. I'm not sure how it works, but their email indicated that they were keeping the survey open until the necessary slots were filled, which means, ACT FAST. Since I hadn't done one of their surveys yet I guess they decided to throw me a bone! Lol.

You know, judging from their Facebook page (the last time I glanced at it), I really don't think that too, too many people know about Darwin's Data yet. I think they may still be a sort of hidden treasure. I haven't even seen them mentioned on Slickdeals, and those Slickdeals folks are all over anything free, anything that pays well, anything that sends out PTs, any survey that offers special focus groups, etc. There are people on Slickdeals who are lying and cheating and coming up with crazy ways to get 100 free bottles of shower gel and things like that. So I think they would be going 'Darwin's crazy' if they knew about it. I am inclined to think that Darwin's has not yet become "known" to the wider audience. That will change, however, which will probably mean fewer surveys for all involved. :(

good on your first one.. they pay quickly as well so don't worry about that.. i've only had the one main $25 survey so far. The worst part about it was not being familiar with them so I was straining my brain that usually tunes out what i'm not interested in hearing to remember as many details of that boring case as i could remember.. but the survey part didn't test me on anything.. i thought i'd have to write out details. The questions were tough to answer though because we're given data based on biased sides.. with both sides trying to win a case using clever lawyers it's tough to judge truth. The one I had was two companies fighting over stocks that were held in trust by the other company, who now claims they're not part of company A so they don't have to do as they're told with them.

avemaria --

I remember reading your post and I think a couple of others about the case that you had to listen to, about the stocks -- and I remember thinking, "Eek. I don't know how I'm going to sit through an hour of that." Lol. Anything involving stocks would cause me to zone out, so I know exactly what you mean! It's hard to stay focused on any survey if the subject is a snoozefest.

Thankfully -- and maybe the case about the stocks had reached its quota, which is maybe why I never got it -- the one I did today was a pretty interesting case. What a relief! Despite my noisy neighbor rolling gigantic trash bins back and forth outside my window, I was still able to stay tuned into the case as it was being described in the video.

I see what you mean about the questions being hard to answer -- not because they are hard to understand, of course, but because, if we are trying to be honest and fair, impartial, etc., there are aspects of each side's case that are valid and that make sense. In the case I listened to today, I could see where a panel of jurors would probably want to side with the plaintiff for emotional reasons...and the plaintiffs had some very valid arguments. But the defendants in the case -- even though they came off as irresponsible and careless -- had a couple of valid points too. At the end of the day it would have to come down to, do you vote with your heart and award the plaintiffs or do you side with the defendant, who probably should have handled things differently but isn't necessarily "at fault" in the case? As much as my heart would want me to go with one side, I had to try to think logically and fairly, which sometimes meant favoring what the defendant was saying about certain things. It was tricky. Very interesting, indeed!

I can say without a doubt that the case/survey I did for Darwin's today was much more interesting than the 1.25 hour-long Meredith Vieira show I just had to watch and review for Opinion Outpost! Aside from the bear cubs she brought out on the show, it was snore city for me!! Lol.

Yeah, I just finished my first "real" one as well. It was nowhere near an hour. I settled back, got my morning wakeup pop, and was ready to sit for an hour. Nope, only about 20 minutes all in. Cool!

Sherry, I got the first $25 survey. I am sorry, I did do at least one for them. They pay well, so I didn't figure I would see many during the course of a year. But I am glad you got another one from them. I never thought about them sending them out on different days to keep from being overwhelmed by responses. Thanks for bringing that up! I will try to be patient! :D

In the case I listened to today, I could see where a panel of jurors would probably want to side with the plaintiff for emotional reasons...and the plaintiffs had some very valid arguments. But the defendants in the case -- even though they came off as irresponsible and careless -- had a couple of valid points too.

that was the other point I forgot to mention.. the plaintiff you feel bad for being the 'little guy' picked on by the larger corporation.. (which suits people like me who loath big drug companies and basically rich bully companies period)... however, in remaining objective and fair to the law itself, you can't not recognize that company B who says they don't have to do anything with the stocks trusted to them by company A, has legal rights in that there was no contract stating they had to do anything.. so in the end you wind up siding with the shady people because company A was too dumb to get in writing their intentions... which sucks because it's how the world is today.. (one example is Apple, the richest company in the world at the moment, sues Samsung ((which was a strategic effort to send a message to google without alienating those who like google.. instead of suing google who owns the OS, they sued Samsung, makers of the phone itself)) because their smart phones had rounded edges much like the Iphone.. so they wanted a billion dollars in damages and lost sales)... but this isn't easy to do for a lot of people who want to see bully companies pay. So when it asked me flat out which company I sided with, I didn't have any place to elaborate on it.. I'm for the little guy, but I recognize the legal rights of the shady rich corporation..

HEY SHERRY 67

Yeah I got the same survey from Darwin's Data Thursday afternoon. Jumped right on it as well and between the video and

the questions I don't think it even took me 20 minutes. Also got the e-mail with the Amazon gift card the next day!!!!!!!

Sweet!!!!! Went on they're website last night and left them a "THANK YOU" message with a review and they asked me to

post it on they're FACEBOOK page which I did. Hopefully we'll see some more surveys from them once in a while. Best payout

I've ever seen for 20 minutes of my life!!!!!!!!!!! TAKE CARE :D:D:D

Michael Saracelli

E-MAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]

I just got my second one today.Didn't someone say after 2 you get a bonus?

Yep $25.00 amazon............ :D

i think April fools only comes around once a year.. unless you're really a fool :wink:

but in doing these cases i wish we could elaborate on our answers.. i hate just saying 'yes they're entitled'.. but i don't think they're entitled to 'that' much money.. it's also funny to listen to these cases being read because you can tell they're prepared by lawyers who stand to make a percentage on the win.. the literally milk every angle of suffering a person can go through presenting these cases. But without giving anything away, you have to wonder how in the world if someone has gone through a crime or tragic loss would wind up sitting through a tv show based on criminal cases similar to what their family went through to begin with... it's beyond me.