American Consumer Opinion (ACOP) late payments

ksedwar

Paypal just notified me that ACOP submitted a payment which I submitted back on June 24, 2015. 1 down two more to go.

I'm waiting on one from 7/28 so I'll just tack on another 4 weeks waiting then lol

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• avemaria

• ksedwar

• BluesJunky

• 1957horses

• 2 weeks later...

I had to file a complaint with the BBB about them, as they had not paid out in 90 days. I had another balance with them pending, so I thought I would try to cash that out too, and lo and behold once they got that BBB complaint I got both amounts within a week.

I then closed my account.

I always had to hassle them for payment. Just not worth it.

They've just been getting slower and slower. It is past due for them to maybe think about letting maybe a 3rd party handle incentive processing, the way some other survey companies have gone.

I was excited when they first said they'd offer PayPal. Usually, when I'd cash out for a check, it'd say expect 4-6 weeks, and it usually took that long or longer, so I signed up for the PayPal option right away, figuring that meant it would be quicker, (and probably easier for them.) Well, when I cashed out with PayPal the first time, the message said expect 6-8 weeks -- I was amazed it would take longer, for them to do something completely electronic, which is less involved than getting their accounting division involved to make a check and then send it out! I've now received maybe 2 or 3 PayPal payments from them and they always take longer than the stated 6-8 weeks period...

The last time I cashed out PayPal with them, it took 4 months!!

The reason for the long (very long) delay in payment is that the company that owns ACOP, Decision Analyst, is using the respondent incentives as a means of financing its business.

Those of you who have been members of ACOP for a while might remember the time when it paid incentives in dollars (meaning you earned actual dollars, not points for completing a survey). This changed a few years ago when, during an internal audit of the company, accountants found that incentives meant to pay respondents were being used for other purposes. This is a big no-no in accounting and is, in fact, illegal.

If, however, you convert your incentives to points instead of dollars, you can get around this accounting rule.

Does any of the following sound familiar:

1) A steady increase in the number of points needed to cash out;

2) Long delays in points being posted to your account (you can't accrue points to cash out if they are not "official");

3) Once posted it takes a minimum of six to eight weeks to cash out;

4) When you try and cash out, you can't and get no response to your emails/calls (many weeks, if not months pass);

5) And finally, after complaining to the BBB or the President of the company, they cut you a check.

All of these delays are designed to do two things: extend the amount of time the company can use the incentives for something else, and increase the odds that you will give up and leave the money you are owed behind (which is exactly what the company wants). It is a bit like a Ponzi scheme where they are using the incentives for current surveys to pay respondents owed and hoping that by dragging the payment process out (to absurd lengths) they will be able to "make ends meet".

My last 2 ACOP surveys have credited immediately for a total of $8.30 so your insight to the ACOP accounting and payment system is flawed and not true.

@alistair, you have claimed to be an ex-employee of ACOP and now you say you work there? Prove it! Send me a PM if you would rather not do it publicly. You have tried your hardest to smear ACOP and I have called you out on it both times and you haven't backed up your claims.

If we are going to talk facts then please be 100% sure of what you are saying and be able to back it up. Until then stop using this forum to smear ACOP or any other panel.

Here, to backup what I said about immediate credit.

acRlC3U.jpg?1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm only stating my facts on my ACOP account and experiences. Ive been with them for a long time and used to really love them and now it's more like love/hate. I love they keep sending me surveys and I get in quite a few and even got in one of their big paying bb studies this year. I dislike how long they keep taking to send me my money since last year. It really does take 3 months for them to finally give me my money after requesting it. I try to cash out every time I go over 1000 points so I'm not waiting for larger payments but the bb was a large paying study and I don't think Ill get that before the holidays now.

My oldest cash out of 1430 points was requested the first week of August and I finally received my check for that today in mail. That took another full 12 weeks of waiting! Ive gone back and forth using Paypal then checks and neither way gets my money to me faster. I went back to Paypal for my last cash out so I guess Ill see if that still takes 12 weeks or more.

I keep doing surveys for them but it is finally time for me to take a break from them over the holidays this year and maybe Ill feel better about them again in January.

At least they should change their cash out message because that still says you'll get your money in 6-8 weeks but it's really taking 10-12 weeks so they should be honest that it's really taking 10-12 weeks so people aren't hoping to get their money sooner.

acRlC3U.jpg?1

I logged into my ACOP account today and this is the first time Ive ever seen them list my New Available Surveys to complete in my account and it also gives me the link to take the survey. Did anyone else notice this in their accounts?

Available Surveys

Survey Points Incentive

Getting credit for your surveys is one thing, getting paid for them is another. I am waiting to get paid from 8/8/2015 and 9/4/2015. On my last "paid" 6/24/2015 submission, I was paid on Sept 15. This is one of the slowest paying sites out there. Once they mark it "Paid" money is transferred within 24 hours but waiting 8 to 10 weeks after it's "approve" is a fact.

Cash Out History

Date Action Amount Type

Sept. 4, 2015 Approved 1015 PayPal

Aug. 8, 2015 Approved 1155 PayPal

June 24, 2015 Paid 1065 PayPal

Jan. 21, 2015 Paid 1600 PayPal

Sept. 19, 2014 Paid 1245 PayPal

June 6, 2014 Paid 1115 PayPal

Dec. 20, 2013 Paid 1140 PayPal

May 18, 2013 Paid

• 1 month later...

My recent payment took 12 weeks from cash out to received. I don't like the long wait, but they do always pay. Also, I enjoy most of their surveys even though I don't get invites frequently. I will keep them.