American Consumer Opinion (ACOP) late payments

ksedwar

The company is nearly bankrupt and is struggling to keep the doors open (lights are not turned on and the offices are no longer cleaned in order to "save money".)

They are hoping that you will be impatient and give up trying to get paid the money owed you so that they can use that money for something else. The only way you will be paid is if you are relentless in bugging them and send your emails to the president/owner of the company Jerry Thomas [email protected], or the VP in charge of ACOP Maurcia Wills [email protected] (Anne Parks is not a real person).

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• avemaria

• ksedwar

• BluesJunky

• 1957horses

Thanks for the information Alistair. I just sent an email to both addresses you supplied. I have only been waiting a month so far for my check, but have a feeling that I will be waiting several more months unless I start nagging them now. Is there a way to report them to the BBB? Perhaps if we all contact the BBB, we will start seeing the payments we earned and were promised.

Saying they are almost bankrupt is a pretty strong claim. Do you have anything like a press release or other news report to back up that accusation?

I was certainly one of the more vocal critics of ACOP, when it would take months to get paid...but my last cash out was paid in 4 weeks. Making progress like that hardly indicates that they're on the verge of bankruptcy. Quite the opposite.

If they do declare bankruptcy, you zero chance of getting your money.

How do I know the company is in trouble? I worked there for more than ten years.

Here are a few facts:

1. From 2006 through 2013 the company lost nearly 50% of its revenue.

2. There have been nearly non-stop pay cuts, benefit cuts and layoffs.

3. Seven of ten senior client service team leaders left the company within 18 months.

4. The heads of syndicated, geo-analytics and innovation/insight have all left the company.

5. In 2014 the company lost more nearly $2 million dollars on revenue of $12 million

6. In late 2014, the company was forced to borrow more than $2 million dollars against the property it owns. These loans have an extremely high interest rate (2.75 above prime - the highest allowed, and reserved only for high risk debtors).

Ask any business professional and they will tell you this company is in trouble. Also, it is a private company there will be no press releases are any other official communication of revenue, earnings or debt.

Of course, you can decide for yourself whether or not you think the company has a viable future. Caveat Emptor!

honestly their problem (and I can't believe i'm saying it) is that they pay us too much to do the surveys in comparison to other panels.. $3 to $8 on a survey with them? no other company pays me for my time the way they have.. they could pay out far less and still be a good company to work with.. what they need is an overhaul of their business model.. they need someone to put in place a cash out system that isn't done by hand the way they claim to have to do.. if they are in trouble I can't believe they continue to pay so much for each survey.. the other companies cut back at the hint of losing money..

honestly their problem (and I can't believe i'm saying it) is that they pay us too much to do the surveys in comparison to other panels.. $3 to $8 on a survey with them? no other company pays me for my time the way they have.. they could pay out far less and still be a good company to work with.. what they need is an overhaul of their business model.. they need someone to put in place a cash out system that isn't done by hand the way they claim to have to do.. if they are in trouble I can't believe they continue to pay so much for each survey.. the other companies cut back at the hint of losing money..

"and I can't believe i'm saying it"

I can't believe your saying that also...................... :shock:

I never get for more then $2 and a $5 one if it is a product to try.................. :roll:

"and I can't believe i'm saying it"

I can't believe your saying that also...................... :shock:

I never get for more then $2 and a $5 one if it is a product to try.................. :roll:

I mean if they're going bankrupt paying us $4 to take a survey we do on other panels willingly for $2.. that's bad business.. you can't be expected to run a company into bankruptcy.. if they're legitimately losing money it's understandable they're paying out too much.. we get the same surveys on other panels so their clients can't be so dense as to pay them more to give us the surveys on their panel.. so they're taking far less of a profit than other companies..

I am on other panels that pay more than ACOP definitely. And the surveys should compensate for the time spent. If they don't have the money, they should indeed close down. I have unsubscribed anyway after receiving my last payout that I had to wait nearly 4 months for. Ridiculous.

The parent company Decision Analyst, Inc. was founded in 1978 and they now operate in the U.S., Canada, Western Europe, Latin America and Asia. In that time their yearly earnings have been between 10 and 25 million dollars per year. Online surveys are just one line of revenue for the company and I highly doubt ACOP is the highest earning panel.

http://www.decisionanalyst.com/history.dai

The American Consumer Opinion® mail panel was launched in early 1986 and converted to an online panel in early 1997. In 1999 three additional online panels were added: Technology Advisory Board, Physicians Advisory Council®, and Contractor Advisory Board®. The Executive Advisory Board® was added in 2000, Imaginators® in 2002 and the Medical Advisory Board™ in 2003.

1978. I wouldn't be too quick to count them out.

Well, according to my account, they sent me a check in the mail after sending them a firm email. However, that check has not made its way to my mailbox yet. Either way, I don't plan on doing anything else with this company until I start reading/hearing more positive things about them on this forum. Considering their lack of support, unanswered emails, and extremely slow payments, I do believe that this company must be in trouble. So, I think it will be smart for all of us to simply refuse to take their surveys and take stand against them. It is unacceptable to have to wait almost an entire YEAR to see your money after cashing out anyway. Why even bother with them anymore unless/until another company buys them out?